This course aims to equip you with the skills you need to demonstrate credibility in your interactions with staff at all levels of your organization, especially senior leadership. Through this highly interactive experience, you will learn how to drive business results and build lasting partnerships in your organization by using proven relationship-building, communication and presentation skills. You will engage in extensive practice sessions and receive individualized feedback in the classroom to help you polish your skills before applying them on the job. On the final day of the course, you will demonstrate what you have learned by delivering a 15-minute presentation on camera and in front of your peers. Following this program, you will re-watch and reflect on your presentation, along with your cohorts’ feedback, to continue your development.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Describe the importance of credibility in effective communication and influence by HR leaders.
- Assess the image you present to other leaders and identify ways to enhance your image.
- Develop strategies and approaches for building effective relationships with business leaders.
- Prepare and present a proposal to senior leaders, stakeholders, and the board that will position ideas for acceptance.
- Make your ideas appealing to others and use influence and advocacy skills to affect decisions
SECTION 1: Introduction
SECTION 2: Credibility and Communication
- Components of effective communication and impact
- Types of attitudes and behaviors to influence
- Global implications
SECTION 3: Your Image
- Building credibility
- Behaviors and attitudes that decrease credibility
- Communicating with impact
SECTION 4: Organize Your Thoughts
- Communication creating an impression
- Distractors to watch for
- Expanding your message
- Preparing your message
- Communicating with executives
SECTION 5: Prepare to Present to the Executive Team/ Board of Directors
SECTION 6: Presentation to the Executive Team/Board of Directors
SECTION 7: Presentation Delivery
SECTION 8: Develop Effective Relationships with Leaders
- Five-step trust-building process
- Developing relationships
SECTION 9: Communicate Difficult Messages
SECTION 10: Conclusion
SHRM: 15 PDCs
Program Dates & Delivery Options