Sourcing, engaging, and retaining the best talent are top priorities for organizations. Earning the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential recognizes the key role that talent acquisition professionals play in today’s challenging business environment by demonstrating your proficiency as a strategic talent acquisition partner.
How to earn the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential
When you purchase the SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential, your learning package includes all of the following components:
1. Talent Acquisition Program – select the program that works best for you.
2. Three talent Acquisition eLearning courses – as your schedule allows, complete the three Talent Acquisition eLearning courses:
• Talent Acquisition: Global Hiring
• Talent Acquisition: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) in the Talent Acquisition Space
• Talent Acquisition: Virtual Talent Acquisition
3. Talent Acquisition Knowledge Assessment – once the instructor-led program and all eLearning courses are complete, successfully pass an online Talent Acquisition knowledge assessment.
Upon completion of all components and passing assessment, you will earn 22 PDCs total along with your certificate of achievement and digital badge. Be sure to add your SHRM Specialty Credential achievement to your resume, signature block, and social media profiles to validate your credibility and demonstrate your dedication to the industry.
Instructor Led Program (in-person or live online)
Title: Talent Acquisition: Creating Your Organization’s Strategy
Learn proven talent acquisition strategies in this engaging course designed to equip you for real-world application. You will explore innovative recruiting and sourcing strategies for developing a diverse and inclusive talent pipeline. You will also learn a step-by-step approach for improving your candidates’ experience and your employment branding.
• Build your talent acquisition strategy to attract top talent.
• Market an employment brand that positions your organization as an employer of choice.
• Incorporate workforce planning as part of the process for developing a robust talent pipeline.
• Expand strategies for recruiting and sourcing.
• Create a positive candidate experience.
• Evaluate and select candidates that are a right fit for your organization.
• Measure the impact of your talent acquisition strategy using metrics.
Title: Talent Acquisition: Global Hiring
More employers are looking to recruit and retain global workforces across the globe. The Global Hiring module provides a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global talent. The course provides a broad understanding of the legal and compliance requirements for hiring non-U.S. citizens both within the U.S. and abroad.
• Committing to global hiring
• Forging a global strategy
• Incorporating global DE&I strategies including human, cultural and workplace perspectives
• Choosing global technical needs
• The advantages and disadvantages of global hiring strategies
• Aligning global hiring strategies with business goals
• Global strategy staffing
• Compliance implications
Title: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) in the Talent Acquisition Space
Given DE&I is front and center in society, the workplace, and in talent acquisition specifically, this module will focus on talent acquisition initiatives including defining success with diversity recruiting, identifying gaps in the DE&I space and how to fix them, gauging inclusion in the organization and how to increase it, hiring and working with DE&I experts in the talent acquisition space, working to remove bias in talent acquisition processes, and recruiting diverse talent.
• Recognize and research profitability in diverse organizations.
• Establish diversity as a top sourcing priority.
• Partner with DE&I experts.
• Create a DE&I TA sourcing strategy.
• Ensure organizational alignment and buy-in.
• Continually work to minimize bias.
• Develop a plan for inclusion for onboarding and after.
• Work with internal teams for DE&I effectiveness.
• Measure and report via metrics and storytelling.
• Make improvements as necessary, feasible and in alignment with organizational goals.
Title: Virtual Talent Acquisition
This module will focus on the fact that virtual talent acquisition is here to stay and will cover how to conduct the talent acquisition process virtually. Best practices for virtual talent acquisition and examples of both the talent acquisition team and the employees working their way through the talent acquisition lifecycle virtually will be provided.
• Virtual DE&I
• Virtual branding
• Virtual candidate experience
• Virtual sourcing
• Virtual interviewing
• Virtual evaluation and selection
• Virtual offer
• Virtual onboarding
top of page
bottom of page